Wish List for Independent Living and Culinary Arts
- Volunteers to assist in Garden
- Box Tops for Education
- Gift Cards to:
- Home Depot
- Cash Donations
- Business Sponsors
- Volunteers in Classroom, especially sous chefs for kitchen labs
- Guest Speakers: Chefs, Interior Designers, Child Care Center Operators, Restaurant Owners, Cake Decorators, Electricians
- Printer Cartridges: Lexmark_15,26
- Aluminum foil
- Food: Apples, English Muffins, Bagels, Refrigerator Biscuits, potatoes, flats of eggs, frozen hash browns ONLY UNOPENED, COMPLETE PACKAGES OF FOOD CAN BE ACCEPTED
- Cleaning supplies : Ajax, Comet, Dish soap
- Dual Duty or Gutermann thread: white, black, red
- Interior Design Supplies: Formica Countertop Samples from Home Depot or Yardbirds in black, faux granite, or wood grains
- Felt : black
- Plain white cotton woven fabric (sheeting material)
If you can help with any of the above items, please call Charlene Nugent at Petaluma Junior High School: 778-4724, or e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
PARENTS: IN LIEU OF A MONETARY DONATION, STUDENTS MAY DONATE $15.00 WORTH OF ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS, OR SELL A MINIMUM OF 5 COOKBOOKS DURING OUR FUNDRAISER
The Science of Food from Seed to Sauce
Our culinary garden is now going strong thanks to a wonderful grant from the Petaluma Educational Foundation, and underwritten by Barbara’s Bakery. Our basil, mint, sage, peppers, parsley, rosemary, and lavender are being harvested at this time for use in the cooking labs. Parents, we do need help with occasional weeding, shoveling gravel and sand.
Contact Charlene Nugent at 778-4724, or email@example.com
California School Garden Network Article on PJHS's Garden!
Fundraising is now a fact of life in public schools to enable many of our programs to survive. Cookbook sales begin November 3rd, and will run for three weeks. This annual fundraiser pays for classroom equipment. Past sales have purchased computers, a refrigerator, dryer, sound system, video and digital camera, and a KitchenAid mixer. Cookbooks cost $10.00, and make great holiday gifts. New versionsof the cookbook are sold every year. The theme this year is:
"No More then Five Ingredients"
Box Tops For Education
Box Tops for Education is another one of the fundraisers we participate in. Collect Box Tops and submit them into the “big yellow box” in the main office.